Saturday 21 February 2009

Putting Zeros and Ones in Order

I took ownership of a nice new Western Digital My Passport 500Gb drive this week, and my is it nice and spanky good, all sleek and black n shiny n stuff.  So most of my time has been spent organising my entire digital life and backing it up onto said drive.  I opted for the larger 500Gb drive as my thinking was "I've been dabbling around in the world of computers for many many years now and I've accumulated a vast array of personally created quality videos, photos, mp3's and other various digital flotsam.  I'll need such a large drive to fit ALL of it on.".

I have since discovered that my digital footprint is somewhat smaller than i first though.  Around 360Gb smaller infact.  And I'm now left with a mostly empty external hard drive, feeling somewhat deflated and wondering where all that stuff that I thought I'd done actually went.  Nowhere I think, as it only existed inside ones neurons.

On the flip side though, its been quite fun discovering little random videos that I'd made here and there, flicking through old travel movies and generally being all nostalgic (one of my favourite pastimes).  Still my favourite of the short films we made many years ago is this one about making some chicken soup and how it can improve your outlook on life :



Written, filmed and mostly edited all in one night, it was most fun indeed.

This week I am wishing I was as cool as this guy.

3 comments:

Daniel said...

Amazing film mate, I remember Jay asking you to show it me ages ago! I love the bit where you get up to add to the soup making process! A triumph!

Anonymous said...

I laughed, I cried, I threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Britswitch said...

Delightful piece of cinema. And no one believes me when I tell them that soup CAN change your life.