Wednesday 4 November 2009

Its Snowtime



Today I awoke, looked out of one's window and saw some white flaky stuff falling from the sky. Now as I'm from Warrington I was a little unaware as to what it is, as during the past 2 or 3 years I think we had a total of 2 days of the snowy stuff, lasting a few hours each time. Delight ensued and as I was off to an appointment to see an apartment, I had a little walk in the stuff.


Was quite fun indeed. Now, I know, some of you (probably of the Berliner variety) are thinking, bah, snow! Fuck that! And I'm sure as the winter continues there'll be better days of snow, days where it actually sticks to the ground (the grey slushy shit, whilst reminding me of home, sucks ass), and i'm sure there'll be days when I hate the snow. But for the moment, I'm quite enjoying my first day of Berlin snow.



ps. Apartment hunting still sucks ass. The people who were going to show me one today didn't even turn up, I just stood getting snowed on for 20 minutes waiting. I think they don't like me as I'm an ausländer (although I do prefer the much more fun, and specific, term - inselaffen. Currently my favourite German word).

No comments: