Thursday 16 October 2014

Paris Day 2 - Drawn Boobs and Over-excitement

Day one of any trip is always a bit rough.  You have to deal with that whole "journey to the place you are going" thing, airports, lugging luggage around, finding out where the feck you are going and not knowing the customs and ways of the place you have arrived in (like having a bag in a supermarket is a crime in Paris).  Plus, there are burger twats to deal with.

But, on day two of the trip you can relax, you don't need to be anywhere or carry anything and the arseholes of the first day turn out to be aberrations.  You find yourself liking more and finding all the things that you like within a city.

For Paris, the first one I noticed is the metro stop announcements.  There's a little man having a little conversation with himself at every stop.  He first asks 'Republique??', with a very inquisitive tone and a shoulder shrug, he's just not sure where he is!  Then he answers himself with a firm 'Republique!' and a stern nod of the head, yes, he is definitely at that stop!  Perfectly mirror the conversation that goes on in every tourists head.

I also love these seats I found in a metro station.


They're very gripping and feel like you're getting a nice postieroir hug, like an egg in a spoon, it just fits perfectly.  Although there is a bump at the front (henceforth known as the Todger Botherer) and, as a male of the species, you have to sit down very carefully or be very confident in the placement of your Gentlemans Excuse Me.

After the fun metro experiences, I did a little sight seeing.


Look, it's a statue, that's the sight seeing done for the day.

I mostly spent the day wandering around aimlessly, stopping in coffee shops and grazing my way around Paris, stopping off for little nibbles of food whenever possible.  This is exactly what I needed.

I did find an organic massage place though.


Well, I'm at least assuming Bio means the same here as it does in Germany.  Does that mean that the masseurs have had stringent testing to make sure no pesticides were used in their growth?  If one of them has a headache and has to take a paracetamol, does that mean they cannot work that day?

I did very briefly contemplate a massage.  I mean, I am here to relax after all and what better way than a professional massage?  But then, I don't believe this was a regular massage place.  The three little drawings in the corner gave it away.


"Just boobs.  That's all I want to draw.  I do not care about faces, bodies or any limbs, just boobs!!!".  I quickly moved on.

I ended up by a canal at some point and found a boat going through a lock.  Now, this is not an amazing event in and of itself, but there are those times when your tourist brain goes into autopilot and I found myself taking a picture (along with the other 20 tourists on the bridge).  It's a boat going under a bridge, nothing exciting, not really worthy of a photo.  Look.


I mean, it's nice enough, hardly amazing though.  But, when I got home, I was having a look at the picture and became nosy about the types of people who were on this boat.  So I zoomed in.


Just some regular folks, all enjoying a boat ride down the canal.  Wait, what's that couple in the middle there doing.


That guy seems rather excited.


"BEST FUCKING THING EVER TO HAPPEN IN MY LIFE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

His wife seems a little less impressed, so I can only assume he's a bit mental.  I've never seen anybody that excited to pass under a bridge on a boat.

Now, as this is my blog, it would not be complete without a picture of some food.  Therefore, here is a pancake sandwich.


Yes, that is as good as it sounds.

Plus, here's be a coffee that I drunk.


I know you were all wondering if I'd drunk any coffee all day.

No comments: