Sunday 19 October 2014

Paris Day 5 - Plastic Men and Eclairs


I find that with every trip there is something that sticks with me.  Usually this is something that I see repeatedly, everywhere I go.  For Paris, it shall be these two humanlike gurning simudolls with soulless eyes.  I do not know what they are (perhaps advertising an umbrella company) or why they are plastered all over the city.  From their pose, I would assume that they are a comedy double act.  But why would they be advertising a single website.  Yes, I could go to this website and find out, but where would be the fun in that?  Either way, I hate their stupid plastic faces.

Most of my time has been spent wandering the city, eating food and drinking coffee.  The same as I did in my first few days here and just about exactly what I wanted to do.  So, I am happy.  I have also been doing a little more sightseeing.


Look, the lovely Eiffel Tower and some clouds!  But I unfortunately kept running into this.


Other tourists!!  So I gave up that sight seeing crap pretty quickly.

Although I did go on a movie tour of the city.  First off I picked my favourite of all the French films, Amelie.


This is the cafe she worked in.  Nice you may think, but it was surprisingly naff in the real life.  I have been told that they have some memorabilia in the toilets.  I didn't make it that far in so I shall likely revisit.  Hopefully when it's less packed.


This is the doorway from Last Tango in Paris.  Hidden under a bridge, sat there being all underwhelming and equally naff.  So, not to much of a successful movie tour.  I just don't think anything can compare to the Ghostbusters tour of New York.  I mean, what could?


Although I did find myself near this bookshop (as featured in Midnight in Paris) but then tourists.


So, I gave up and ate a chocolate eclair instead.  This was the correct course of action.

Otherwise, I marveled at how close the metro stops are here.


Those lights in the tunnel down there.  That's the next stop.  Why would you build then so close?

Then I spent some time sat in the park.


I watched the back of this guys head.  He watched the back of the statues head.  Job done.


Is this a command?  Should we Puzzle Michele Wilson?

No comments: