Tuesday 16 November 2010

New York - Day 7 - The Bliss of Hashbrowns and Seat Bedding

The Best of the Breakfasts

As most of you may know, I'm not much of a breakfast person.  I tend to just skip straight into lunch as its usually only 2 to 3 hours after I've awoken.  Yes, I know, metabolism and most important shite of the day I hear you scream, I simply care not for it (although if I start getting up early, I may).
Thats be the grey dog.

It was the final day and I'd spied something that seemed rather tasty the day before in the wonderful Grey Dog, Hash Browns.  Oh yes.  Now we got some approximation of hash browns back in the UK, but they were more like a potato and onion based turd log that you reheated.  I'm talking about real hash browns of the kind that are rarely seen outside the shores of America.

And, as much as I prefer the service here in Berlin, its nice to say "Can I get some bacon with that", and it arrives.  Although why its on another plate is beyond me.

The coffee was quite good too, a 7.5 out of 10 on the NYCS.

More Random Wanderings

I then had around 4 hours until I had to leave for my flight.  What with having seen everywhere I want to in New York and not enough time to see any of the further out places, I went for a wander around the Meat Packing district.



Fun, but by this stage of the journey, I'd had enough walking around streets aimlessly.  So, I thought to myself "Fuck this, its time for Tu-Lu's".
Ah, if only I could drag this gorgeous amazing baking goddess of a woman back to Berlin with me.  I ate two cup cakes and bought some cookies and brownies (slipping them into one's bag for some Berlin munching).

The final visitation was Irving Coffee again, one of the few places where it was comfortable enough to sit down and relax reading a book.  I tried coffee with raspberry syrup this time, it curdled the soya milk again.  After a lengthy chat with the owners, and some experimentation, we discovered its the acid of the syrup that does it, not the heat as I'd thought for the past few months.  Useful knowledge to have.
 It did taste a bit spank though.
So I read about cold fusion for a while, and then left new york.

Seat Bed
Although, I did arrive at the airport way way way too early.  Getting on the plane though, I saw that it was pretty empty and tried to snag myself 4 seats to myself.  Unfortunately, 2 girls turned up and kicked me out of them (schiese!).  But, I caught the airplane woman (I believe they're called Air Crew now) and mentioned it to her.  She then called me over as soon as the doors were shut to give me 3 seats to myself.
 To my right.
To my left.

Awesomeness abounds.  Well, apart from the meal that is.  It was a little lacking.

There was some flying.
Then some sleeping on my makeshift bed.

No comments: